[geeks] Home made SGI O2 CPU upgrade

Rob Fielding rob at dsvr.net
Mon Oct 27 08:45:51 CST 2003

Hi,

I don't know if any of you guys read the nekochan.net site, but it's a
good info site for SGI people.

There's a dicussion thread on there about a guy who's pulled his RM5271
CPU board apart and wedged in a 600MHz RM7000, with plans to go to
900MHz when PM-Sierra release that part.

The thread goes on about possibly getting parts but only by the X
hundred, so if any of you feel like rolling up your sleaves, or any of
you electical boffins know how to adapt this mod for Octane, Indy or
other machines, lets get together...

I only wish I know more. I'd love to speed boost my R5 Indy or R10 Octane.

http://www.nekochan.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1071

Cheers

Rob