[geeks] Fargin Issles - my Ti PowerBook is locked...

N.Miller vraptor at promessage.com
Fri Oct 24 18:37:47 CDT 2003

On Tuesday, October 21, 2003, at 12:43 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Thanks, I'll try it tonight - I assume others have had success with the
> OS X 10.2.8 update? It pisses me off that my machine went "tits up"
> after an OS patch...

After I got burned by the patch that killed the *battery*
in my Pismo, I've taken to waiting a week or so before
applying OS patches.

10.2.8 is like the third time, I think, that Apple has
released a patch set, then withdrew it.  Sometimes it's
<24hrs, sometimes more (as with 10.2.4, the one that killed
my battery and did a crack-up job on modern iBook batteries).

Their QA on patches is obviously AFU.

I still haven't installed 10.2.8.  Your best bet is to stay
tuned to the big Mac web sites and see what kind of reaction
there is to any newly released patches.

 From what others have told me, it also seems to be better to
download the stand-alone patcher rather than using Software
Update.

=Nadine=