Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

doctor obnox son of a bitch drobnox at visi.com
Tue Oct 21 18:35:44 CDT 2003

Joshua Boyd spoke in riddles, like the night...

> On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 10:52:56AM -0700, N.Miller wrote:
>
> > You might want to start with a Subaru, then.  They started
> > putting the hill-holder clutches back in the 2002 models,
> > I think.
>
> What's that, and are they the only ones with "hill-holder" clutches?

The "Hill-holder" is a check valve on the brake lines hooked up to the clutch
cable. Stop on a hill, and all the fluid pressure in your brakes is retained,
even when you take your foot off the brake, until you release the clutch.

It's pretty slick, unless it gets stuck.
--
"We owe it to Sgt. Hulka to wind up           ........Eric J. Gustafson
 face-down in the gutter tonight!"            .........................
                                              .........drobnox at visi.com