[geeks] OSX sand TiBook

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Tue Oct 21 13:28:09 CDT 2003

Not really, then it would be an Apple Care issue, not
mine.  You have to understand the partner who i am
dealing with to get the full understanding.  I help him
out to do what he wants, if i can.  I no longer try
and tell him why what he is doing is a bad idea.  It's
pointless.

Point in fact, the whole damn TiBook doesn't actually
belong here.  It's here for looks only.  Unfortunately,
all of our applications are Win32 based crap.  He has
one of those extremely crappy SONY TR1AP laptops
sitting right next to it to do work on.  For over a
year he ran Win32 apps on Virtual PC and kept
complaining about how slow it was, even though we had
several recent intel based desktops available.  I don't
like Intel/Win32 hardware anymore than he does, i
probably dislike it more, but if 100% of my apps are
Win32 i am not going to try and run it all on an Apple
just because they are prettier.

/KRM

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003 14:46:07 -0700 (PDT)
Lionel Peterson <lionel4287 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Kevin <kevin at mpcf.com> wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a way to stop a TiBook from
> > going to sleep when you close it's lid?
>
> Aren't you concerned about heat dissipation? I
> suspect the system was designed to dissipate some
> heat through the keyboard...
>
> Then again, not having dust settle in the keyboard is
> not a great alternative either...
>

> =====
> Lionel
>
> "I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." -
> Sheldon T. Hall

"UNIX was not designed to coddle the weak."
				--Fyodor
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/