[geeks] Even better!

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 16:53:34 CDT 2003

--- Brian Dunbar <Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com> wrote:
> Lionel Peterson [mailto:lionel4287 at yahoo.com] on Tuesday, October 21,
> 2003 2:35 PM said;
>
> > When I saw the South Park movie there were *entirely* too many
> > pre-teens in the audience for my liking - why "parents" think it is
> > OK to buy a child ticket to a R-rated movie is beyond me.
>
> Depends on the kid/parents and the movie.  Some kids are so
> ill-behaved that they shouldn't be in public, much less a
> movie, without a muzzle. Other kids know how to behave.  If
> the kid is quiet and not raising a ruckus (and can handle the
> subject movie) should it matter?

In the abstract I agree, but the reality is (IMHO), very few young
(under 10) people can "handle the subject" of murder, dismemberment,
demonic posession, etc. Even if they appear to "handle" it, the impact
may not manifest itself until later.

(The movie I was refering to is "End of Days" see
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/6305767866/103-2726581-9086261?v=glance
- the costar was Gabriel Byrne (I was wrong earlier) - this is not a
movie for the "average" 10 year old, IMHO - but of course, opinions
vary)

I have been rudely suprised by what *used* to pass for PG vs. what
pases as PG today - PG used to mean "not bad enough [0] for an R
rating", now it means not bad enough for a PG-13...

[0] Bad enough being a relative term, based on the opinion of the
review board...

=====
Lionel

"I am not into examining other peoples' dumps..." - Sheldon T. Hall