Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Francisco Javier Mesa-Martinez lefa at ucsc.edu
Mon Oct 20 21:40:26 CDT 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Kris Kirby wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Oct 2003, Phil Stracchino wrote:
> > Heck yes.  Likewise Moto-GP ...  this season, the fast guys were pushing
> > 200mph up the front straight at Imola *ON MOTORCYCLES*.
>
> That takes balls. Pure Cajones. Because you don't walk away from a bike
> wreck.

It takes a special sort of crazy f*ck to get on one of them SuperBikes or
500ccs and take a curve leaning off the bike at the speeds these people
do. Straight lines are not what I admire about those bikers but the amount
of balls they show when they take the curves!

Then again, I am in love with rally driving... and those are even crazier
people. The accelerations they take are just plain brutal but the fact
that the driver literally does not seem the course as it has to blindly
follow the co-pilots instruction is what I find it far more ballshy.

The co-pilot has to trust on the pilot's driving skills and thepilot has
to trust on the co-pilot's instructions... both of them in real time. And
when you see those machines literally flying, and then at night when you
can see the red brake disks glow through the wheel spokes, and the
backfires from the tailpipe. That is just the most beautiful sight in
motorsports IMHO.