[geeks] Swords

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Oct 20 13:25:01 CDT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 13:56:23 -0400
Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Swordsonline has some really nice-looking swords.  I would LOVE to
> have their Narsil and Glamdring replicas ....  if I could get them
> with a full tang.  But alas, every sword they sell is pin tang.

Really?  That kina sucks.  I mean, I knew these wall-hangers were pin
tang, but the next one I buy I want to be functional.

Now, I don't go for asian swords, normally, I'm more enamored with
Celtic and German blades.  Any good thoughts on makers for these?  I
want a bastard (or hand-and-a-half if you're sensitive to the language)
sowrd and a good basket-hilt broadsword.  My budget isn't huge, but I'd
gladly pay for quality and the ability to use it for it's intended
purpose.  With a sword as heavy as a bastard, or a broadsword, I don't
trust a pin tang.

I had heard good things about Cas Iberia, but I have no idea if they're
pin or full tang.  Er...hold on...*clickety*...nope.  No idea.

--
Kurt                        "I'm utterly clueless...."
kurt at k-huhn.com                          Verisign VP Chuck Gomes