[geeks] Swords

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Mon Oct 20 12:14:35 CDT 2003

On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 10:06:27AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> Any kendo or japanese sword fanatics here?

I wouldn't say *fanatic*.  But I do own a 14th-century Mino-school
katana (originally forged as a tachi, but cut down, presumably around
1680 after the Shogunate edict restricting the length of swords) among
my dozen or so swords, and I've always appreciated Japanese swords both
as weapons and works of art.

(I also have no small skill with one, but with my left foot screwed up,
 I don't know how much of it I can still demonstrate.)