[geeks] Mozilla 1.5 available for Irix

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Oct 20 10:22:10 CDT 2003

On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 10:53:53 -0400
Mike F wrote:

> I noticed this last week and installed it, but after getting
> "bus errors" on my Octane (R10K/195MHz/256MB/SI) I reverted
> back to the Mozilla 1.4 tardist. Have you had better luck than I?

I ran 1.5 in a seperate dir for a while until I confirmed that it
worked.  I had problems with the firebird build fom SGI, though.  Then I
downloaded the 0.7 build of Firebird from Nekochan.net and life is good.

Firebird takes a little longer to start up, but it appears more
responsive than Mozilla.  I think this is mostly interface stuff, but it
also seems to load pages slightly faster.

This is all very unscientific because my Internet connection has been
sucking goat balls for the past week.  Even Netscape 4.8 seems slow
these days.

No bus errors, though.  My Octane (R12k/300Mhz/512MB/MXI) has never had
a serious problem with software.  Houdini, though, makes it work
sometimes....

--
Kurt                        "I'm utterly clueless...."
kurt at k-huhn.com                          Verisign VP Chuck Gomes