[geeks] Even better!

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Oct 18 21:07:32 CDT 2003

On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 09:00:36PM -0400, R. Lonstein wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 10:54:22AM -0500, Mike Hebel wrote:
> 	[snip]
> > The thing I can't understand is why those people go to shows like that
> > anyway.
> 	[snip]
>
> Are you kidding? I saw people act disgusted and complain and then get
> up and leave from a Broadway performance of Oklahoma! What the heck
> could you find offensive about that innocuous musical?

Um ...  It portrayed country bumpkins as, well, country bumpkins?  It
acknowledged the existence of sex?  It featured violence?  It didn't
feature enough violence?

One thing I've learned about our society is that the professionally
offended will ALWAYS find something to be offended by.  If they really,
truly can't find anything in your work even vaguely controversial enough
for them to take offence at, they'll take offence at *THAT*.

Personally, I don't know what's wrong with these people, but I wish
they'd just snap out of it and get a life.