Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Wed Oct 15 19:33:21 CDT 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I think driver's ed courses should be taught with manual transmissions.

Amen.

> I won't ever buy a vehicle with an auto tranny ever again - I like having
> *control* of my vehicle.

I think it makes the man and machine link a bit closer.

> I haven't owned a vehicle with an automatic since 1993.  I do, however, prefer
> the "short throw" clutch of my Kia Sportage to the "long throw" cluch I had
> on the '87 Firebird.

The Caprice is (duh) an automatic; some folks have converted it to
six-speed stick, but I bought the car with the intention of setting it up
for radio and where the console mounts gets in the way of a floor shifter,
if not covers it up.

A long-throw clutch? Seems like the last thing that needs to be used in
that manner. Maybe it was just GM compensating for idiot people with more
money than brains.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"