Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Wed Oct 15 14:10:49 CDT 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Kevin wrote:
> Amen! my rear tyres are 11" and i drive like a little
> old lady when it rains but i see soccer moms passing me
> in a Navigator doing 90+ in the rain while on the
> phone.

My 4500-pound Caprice taught me this the hard way -- I came to realize the
with the power (260HP, same motor as the Camaro of the time) it would
break the rear-end loose in a heartbeat if friction was in *any* way
compromised. Rear-ends do as they are wont to; they try to race around can
catch the front wheels.

It's unnerving to be doing 20 MPH or more under the speed limit and see
some joker in an SAV[0] fly by me in the driving rain. I just expect for
the vehicle to go sideways and flip.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"