Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Wed Oct 15 09:40:50 CDT 2003

My daily driver is also my track car.  Depending on the
type of racing you do and your vehicle, differing types
of safety equipment are required by the different
sanctioning bodies.

To answer your question though, NO they are not
required by me personally.  My occasional road race
events would have accepted an OEM seat belt and prior
to that, at drag events, my car never hit the 9.99 ET
cutoff point in which the NHRA rules state that the car
must have at least a four point cage and a restraint
system meeting SFI Spec 16.1.

I am still not sure what your point is however.  My
gripe is with the perception that much of the public
has regarding their needs vs their conveniences.

/KRM

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003 10:52:10 -0600 (MDT)
Dan Duncan <dand at pcisys.net> wrote:

> As I recall, 'Kevin' wrote:
> > My air bags are gone.  The seat belt however, has
> > been replaced with a five point harness which is
> > worn at all times.  Sorry to disappoint you.
>
> Yeah, but you don't really NEED that, do you?
>
> -DanD
>
> --
> #  Dan Duncan (kd4igw)  dand at pcisys.net
> http://pcisys.net/~dand
> # Quoting one is plagiarism. Quoting many is
> ____ GEEKS:

"UNIX was not designed to coddle the weak."
				--Fyodor
keyserver: http://pgp.mit.edu/