Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (MAJOR RANT)

Mike Nicewonger twmaster at twmaster.com
Wed Oct 15 00:09:48 CDT 2003

License breakdown:

Class A -- Any combination of vehicles with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds
provided the GVWR of the vehicle(s) being towed is in excess of 10,000
pounds.

Class B -- Any single vehicle with a GVWR of 26,001 or more pounds, or any
such vehicle towing a vehicle not in excess of 10,000 pounds GVWR.

Class C -- Any single vehicle, or combination of vehicles, that does not
meet the definition of Class A or Class B, but is either designed to
transport 16 or more passengers, including the driver, or is placarded for
hazardous materials.

See here:

http://www.fmcsa.dot.gov/safetyprogs/cdl.htm

I dunno who told you that SUV drivers had to have a special license but I
suggest you not believe anything else they might tell you.

--
Mike N