Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Tue Oct 14 22:13:49 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 22:00, Kris Kirby wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Oct 2003, R. Lonstein wrote:
> > Put down the cell phones, the food, the newspapers, the shavers, the
> > makeup, and whatever else you are doing other than paying attention to
> > the road and DRIVE!
> >
> > </rant>
> >
> > Nope, I haven't spent a lot of time commuting. No sireee.
>
> My brother told me one of his wife's friends takes a laptop and inverter
> with her to college every trip back and forth (250+ miles), watching DVDs
> on the laptop...

I have had my directions and a map open on my laptop on the seat next to
me when driving, but the way i use it, it's not much different than if i
had printed the same directions and map and had them there. (i.e. i look
at the map and directions, but do not (nor do i have a need to) actually
operate the computer.)  I keep a power inverter in the car, but that's
for when i need to recharge the battery on the go, or have someone else
operating the laptop while I operate the vehicle. (wardriving, or as
entertainment for the passenger(s))  My point is, there is responsible
use, and irresponsible use.  I like to think that my use is responsible.

	-Dan Sikorski