[geeks] Unskilled drivers (was Re: Suzuki Samurai was ...)

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Tue Oct 14 19:53:21 CDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-14 at 12:15, David L Kindred (Dave) wrote:
> (although you have to have enough distraction to break up the tendency
> toward "tunnel" vision or whatever you call it when you realize you've
> just driven n miles and don't remember them).  Sometimes I think the

I hate that.  Happens to me all the time.  It used to really scare me at
first, but since i've never had damage done to the car that i don't
remember, i assume that i must be doing ok with it.

Ironically, that doesn't happen to me as much since i got a vehicle with
cruise control.  It used to be that i would find my self following
someone going 55, and couldn't remember the last 20 miles or so.  Now, i
have the cruise set, and need to tap the brakes, or hit the cancel
button so that i don't rear end someone.  My new job also has a
completely different commute with towns and speed limit changes so that
there in an interrupt issued every so often.

	-Dan Sikorski