Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Sat Oct 11 18:46:27 CDT 2003

On Sat, Oct 11, 2003 at 06:11:11AM -0400, Michael Schiller wrote:
> And driving within the speed limits will stop ALL speeding tickets!
>
> And to the younger members of the list, wait a while, the logic of
> driving at or just slightly above the limit (5 mph or so) will become
> more apparent with age! (well it did to me)

Of course, setting more realistic speed limits will also reduce speeding
tickets.  Most highway speed limits in the US are unreasonably low,
especially out west.  But reducing speeding tickets reduces speeding
ticket revenues ....  if no traffic violations were committed in the US
for an entire year, MANY townships and jurisdictions would either go
broke or be forced to invent new ones.