Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay off topic)

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Fri Oct 10 13:05:45 CDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 03:38:10PM +0000, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> > "When the facts don't match your preconceptions about the story -- LIE."
> >
> "All the news that fits, we print" - New York Times' new motto
>
> I didn't think you could use the phrases "US news media" and "professional
> integrity" in the same sentence.  ;->

Sure you can...

- The US news media doesn't know the meaning of professional integrity.

- Talking about the professional integrity of the US news media is like
  talking about honor among thieves.

- If "professional integrity of the US news media" had less words, you
  could compare it to "military intelligence."

- The US news media has professional integrity like sharks have table
  manners.

- I'm sorry, the proximity of the phrases "US news media" and "professional
  integrity" just triggered a state of cognitive dissonance.[1]

...And so on.  Any other takers, folks?  :)

[1]  With due recognition to Howard Tayler, author of _Schlock Mercenary_
     (http://www.schlockmercenary.com)