Suzuki Samurai was Re: [geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay off topic)

R. Lonstein ross-sunhelp at lonsteins.com
Fri Oct 10 11:08:17 CDT 2003

On Fri, Oct 10, 2003 at 03:54:16PM +0000, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
	[snip]
> Ah, but did they prove that?

They proved that a car in a normal state of repair would be hauled to
a stop by its brakes and that the brakes were more powerful than the
engine.

I doubt anyone will ever prove what the drivers did in the incidents.

	[snip]
> There was a ham radio operator that fried the computer on his Camry running
> 45 watts on 2 meters.*  Another story was one where a ham radio operator
	[snip]
> goodness it didn't fry.  It isn't wishful thinking.  Been there, done that.

Heh. I wonder if you could put that to use... <grin>

> If anybody doesn't believe me, just go into a car dealer and ask what is
> the maximum power output for a radio transmitter inastalled in their car
> before the car starts acting "funny". I'll bet they will say that they don't
> "recommend" installing any radio transmitter in their vehicles (or a really
> small power level).

Interesting. I wonder what a be "safe" output for 2M?

- Ross