[geeks] SS20's are really nice machines :)

Sebastian Krohn seb at gaia.sunn.de
Fri Oct 10 00:46:46 CDT 2003

Jochen Kunz <jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de> wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 03:35:51PM +0200, Sebastian Krohn wrote:
>
> > My old Workstation is a SS20 with 2xsm71 and 192 Meg of RAM and hell -
> > it's fast! (at least when running NetBSD ;))
> > It's connected to mynetwork with FDDI
> So it usually runs Solaris to make the FDDI usable?

Unfortunately - yes.

Depending on what i currently need most (network speed or a fast system)
i booted Solaris or NetBSD. (The Box was connected over the onboard LAN
when running NetBSD)

[Solaris isn't *that* bad but it is noticeable slower than NetBSD]

/Seb

--
select * from users where iq > 60;
0 rows returned