[geeks] SPARC proprietary (waaaay off topic)

Phil Stracchino alaric at caerllewys.net
Wed Oct 8 09:25:09 CDT 2003

On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 01:52:39PM +0000, wa2egp at att.net wrote:
> > Consumer Reports also does long-term testing of cars as well.
> > Frankly, as far as repairs and reliability go, I trust them
> > a lot farther that C&D and the other car magazines.
> >
> > =Nadine=
> >
> I would trust them more too but, I have issues with them "targeting"
> certain products.

Agreed.  In hindsight, it's pretty clear that Consumer Reports did an
intentional hatchet job on the Suzuki Samurai, for example.  They were
intentionally TRYING to roll it over, and you can roll *any* car if you
try hard enough.

Still, even that's not as bad as whichever-TV-news-show-it-was blowing
up a Ford pickup with explosives to support their allegation that it was
prone to fuel tank fires.