[geeks] What graphical environments are people here using on Solaris?

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Wed Oct 8 03:10:49 CDT 2003

On 2003.10.07 22:42 Andrew Weiss wrote:

> I am inclined to use mainly CDE since it comes with Solaris 9, but I
> was wondering if anyone finds other environments preferable for daily
> work on Solaris.
fvwm2.
Especially as you wrote that your machine is a SS20. My first X11
machine at home was a SS1+ with NetBSD and I am using fvwm2 since that
time. The only exception is IRIX where I use 4Dwm (with a customized
.4Dwmrc). You can configure fvwm2 with your prefered config tool (read
text editor) to do what ever you want, but is still fast even on "old"
hardware.
--

tsch|_,
       Jochen