[geeks] Browser speed on older Sun (was: What graphical environments ...)

Daniel Johannsson djohanns at northwestern.edu
Tue Oct 7 18:41:31 CDT 2003

On Tue, 7 Oct 2003, Francois Dion wrote:
> Have you tried Firebird on it? Just curious...

I just tried Firebird on this machine, and found it to be close, but not
quite as fast as Sun's ns7.  Perhaps Sun put some time into good
optimization on this build, because I feel like it's about as zippy as
ns4.  Anyone else feel that ns7 is fast on their old boxes, or am I
imagining things?  Specs on the box are: ss10, 2 x sm51, 224mb, Sol 8 with
all recent patches.

later,

Dan Johannsson