[geeks] Mailman

Andrew Sydelko andrew at sydelko.org
Wed Oct 1 15:03:35 CDT 2003

On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 14:39:50 -0400 (EDT)
"Brooke Gravitt" <brooke at gravitt.org> wrote:

> Since we were talking Mailman, how do you restart everything once you
> modify Defaults.py? I had to change the default mailserver & url from
> "porky.devel.redhat.com"  which was screwing up my attempt at gettinga
> list started.

There should be an init script to restart the qrunner, but
you also shouldn't be modifying the Defaults.py directly.
There should be a file called mm_cfg.py in that same directory
that you should be adding variables from Defaults.py as you
need to change them. The Defaults.py will be changed out from
under you if you ever upgrade, losing any modifications.

--andy.