[geeks] On Sun Hardware

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Tue Nov 11 01:19:40 CST 2003

I was looking for newer firmware for one of work's A1000 disk arrays
when I ran across an interestingly-titled bug report about corruption
during long uptimes.  The following text was in the resolution section
of the report:

  "To workaround this problem until a more permanent fix becomes
   available, take the action to power cycle or reboot the array
   once every 2 years or so."

The fact that such a thing even needs to be said speaks volumes for the
quality of hardware that Sun makes (or, in the case of the A1000,
resells).

--
Jonathan Patschke  ) "Earth works.  That's proof positive that Mother
Elgin, TX         (   Nature isn't a suit."            --Dave McGuire