[geeks] Versioning FIlesystem

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri May 23 22:52:31 CDT 2003

On Fri, 23 May 2003 vance at neurotica.com wrote:

> I believe that it should be purely in the filesystem.  It (meaning the
> versioning support) really needs to be required, though.  Is there any way
> of insuring that?

Nope.  Not unless you're storing pure diffs.  If there are multiple
complete "images" of each file, how can you force a driver to do
whatever?

This is why DeCSS made such a stir and why this years' April 1st RFC was
so funny.

--
Jonathan Patschke   )  "Lawsuit...why doesn't it surprise me that more
Thorndale, TX      (    than half of that word is Suit?"