[geeks] Speaking of SGI machines...

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue May 13 16:28:44 CDT 2003

"Eric Gregory" <egregory at www.bmwracing.org> wrote:

> Just a weird question...  What do most of you that have SGI boxes use
> them for?  I've got a couple and for a lot of things they just seem a
> little sluggish, but the reliability factor rocks though.

Everything.  Especially now that OpenOffice runs under Irix.
Truthfully, I use this machine as my primary workstation for everything
I do.  Email, browsing, "office suite" stuff, learning Java, website
design, 3D hobby-ing, and so on.

If I found an inexpensive Origin 200 I'd use it as the primary
fileserver in the house.  But since I don't have one, everybody is
responsible for their own file storage and each workstation has it's own
bigass drive.

--
Kurt             "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it
kurt at k-huhn.com   would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."