[geeks] OpenOffice released for Irix

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue May 13 08:14:10 CDT 2003

Bjorn Ramqvist <v53278 at g.haggve.se> wrote:

> Anyone have any clue how to silent these babies? It feels like a
> hurricane under my desk. :-(

Maybe build a set of baffles around the Octane to muffle the sounds?  As
long as you do it without impeding air flow, it might just work.  But,
you're likely to double the amount of space it takes up doing that.

Mine sits on top of my desk, about 6 inches from my monitor.  I don't really
notice anything until I have to turn it off for some reason - then I realize
that it might be a loud computer.

--
Kurt                 "I am not aware that any community has a right to
kurt at k-huhn.com       force another to be civilized."