[geeks] Sun a possible takeover target - rumours

Brian Dunbar Brian.Dunbar at plexus.com
Mon May 12 00:57:12 CDT 2003

-----Original Message-----
From: Koyote [mailto:koyote at koyote.cx]
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2003 4:26 AM
To: The Geeks List
Subject: Re: [geeks] Sun a possible takeover target - rumours
<snip>
I never much saw solaris as a prime desktop OS. Yeah, a lot of engineers
I've know have used it at work, but it's never seemed to be a big
'office machine' platform. (Except at Sun)
</snip>

When I visited our local Sun office, I was mightily impressed that (as far
as I could tell) everyone there had Sun workstations, even the admin at the
front desk.

Does anyone know if there are any other organizations around that have that
degree of "unix" workstation penetration for their entire workforce?

~brian