[geeks] SGI Keyboards and Mice

Donald McClure donindigo2 at mac.com
Sat May 10 09:34:16 CDT 2003

On Friday, May 9, 2003, at 11:20  PM, vance at neurotica.com wrote:

>> The older machines use the same keyboards, but with different
>> connecting
>> cables. My Crimson uses DB15, Personal Iris DB9, and Indigo Mini DIN6,
>> like an IBM PS/2 (but incompatible with that standard).
>
> How easy are the cables to replace?
>
> Peace...  Sridhar

The cables of the keyboards I have seen have plugs at both ends, so its
simply a matter of soldering up new ones with parts from Radio Shack.
Simple, that is, if you can solder. I can't and wrecked 4 miniDIN plugs
adapting a Indigo keyboard to a Personal IRIS 4D/20 before I got it
right. I found the wiring diagrams online somewhere.

Of course, the 4D/20 runs so slowly with Irix 5.3 that it wasn't really
worth all the trouble.

donm

Don McClure							Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Bel Air, MD
donindigo2 at mac.com