[geeks] PC motherboards - now with integrated tube preamps!

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Sun Mar 23 10:24:59 CST 2003

On Sat, 22 Mar 2003, Joshua D. Boyd wrote:
> Very old news.  Seems insane to me.  If you want that sort of quality
> boost, install a high quality digital audio output on the motherboard
> and let the user supply a good external DAC to tube amp combo.

There is no quality boost; they are simply making it sound "warmer".

There is still a bit of animosity out there in the audio world -- too many
old analog guys that don't understand digital and don't fathom that
sampling doesn't equal with MPEG-style compression.

--
Kris Kirby, KE4AHR  <kris at nospam.catonic.net>  TGIFreeBSD IM: 'KrisBSD'
                    "BIG BROTHER IS WATCHING YOU!"