[geeks] Whoo hoo... now this is a nice Linux

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Sat Mar 22 10:03:39 CST 2003

--- Caleb Shay <caleb at webninja.com> wrote:
> On 2003-03-21 22:28:27 +0000 Jonathan C. Patschke <jp at celestrion.net>
>
> wrote:
>
> >   A Linux distribution with things like "make
> > world" and a ports tree would go a long way towards making it a
> > more useful environment, IMO.

Remember the roots of Linux - 80386 boxes with too little RAM (8
Meg?)...

I think Linux's origins forced a certain mindset on the developers. How
long would a make world take (that included everything!), and forget
about high-speed modems (9600 baud was pricy back then)...

Just a thought...

=====
Lionel

http://platinum.yahoo.com