[geeks] SCO sues IBM (pure UNIX *BSD)

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 10 06:52:24 CST 2003

--- Jochen Kunz <jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de> wrote:
> On 2003.03.10 06:10 Koyote wrote:
>
> > I'm not sure I understand how not having bash makes you more pure
> > than having it in the core.
> As Jonathan already stated bash is no real POSIX shell.

No, I think the discussion is that the lack of /bin/sh may make a
distribution "impure", but the presence of bash is not,in adn of
itself, an indication the presence of /bin/sh.

The two are not mutually exclusive, and the original statement seemed
to say that. Bash doesn't "taint" a system with it's mere presence ;^)

=====
Lionel

http://taxes.yahoo.com/