[geeks] linux backup tool

Kevin kevin at pipeline.com
Thu Mar 6 07:40:13 CST 2003

I realize it's a bit off topic, but i figured
someone here would have some input.  I've had it with
Arkeia backup (contrived setup and scheduling, shitty
documentation, lack of basic features and an X
gui so silly looking that i'm embarrassed when people
see it on my desktop).  I've been using it for a bit
over a year now and it's been a PITA from day one. I
was just too lazy to change it out.

Anyone here have any recommendations on a good backup
app that runs under linux, commercial or otherwise?

I'm mostly backing up a single linux file server (xfs
file system) with an attached DDS4 DAT, but soon will
need to backup another linux server (email box) with
the same setup.

If anyone here has some suggestions that have worked
well for them, i'd appreciate the input.

/KRM