[geeks] Cell Phone Lovin

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Wed Jun 18 12:39:56 CDT 2003

On Wednesday, June 18, 2003, at 11:59 AM, James wrote:

> First off, I'm rather un-geekly when it comes to cell phones. I like
> them to
> excell at being a phone. If they do anything else it had better not
> interfere with it being a phone 1st.
>
> So, in the order of importance....
> size=tiny
> form_factor=flip phone or dialpad flip cover (I hate pressing keys by
> accident)
> features=anything that makes dialing or talking easier
> accessories=hands-free factory car kits and desk rapid chargers
> styling=not flashy or childish/ghetto
> data=modem capable and data sync with palm desktop

I am ungeeky too about phones.. I think I've had mine for 2 or 3 years
now.  I bought it for $300 as a world phone so I could travel with it
and what I didn't like was that not only did my carrier treat it as the
bastard stepchild (no ring-tones, and No Win2K compatible IR sync...
had to run 98...so I never used the feature--I could have bought an
expensive accessory cable to do this instead but I was too lazy), but
they came out with the newer slightly better model as a heavily
subsidized base phone for like $40 just a tad later.

I still like IT as a phone, however,... ran over it with the car this
winter and it survived... it was in the snow in it's carrying case.
I'm on my second one since the first one failed after 8 months...
Motorola L7089.  All it does is phone stuff and txt msging....<old man
from SNL>and I like it that wayyyy....!</OMSNL>

I, however, don't like flip phones at all... mine is a straight normal
phone.

Andrew