[geeks] Quick CG question...

Shawn Wallbridge shawn at synack-hosting.com
Sun Jun 15 15:07:37 CDT 2003

Friggen' Lasers!

Seriously. They use a laser to take the image file (normally a 2k or 4k
10bit/channel Cineon) and write it to the negative.

It costs about $1.50US/frame including developing costs. At least with the
quantities we are doing.

We looked into getting out own laser recorder, but no one in town can
develop the print, so we would have to ship it to Toronto or Vancouver,
which is the same time it would take for us to get a print back from LA.

We do it once or twice a week on average (sometimes one or two a day).

shawn