[geeks] Re: Spam filter test results

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Fri Jan 31 17:18:52 CST 2003

On Sat, Feb 01, 2003 at 12:03:54AM +0100, Frank Van Damme wrote:
> Imho it would be abuse of power.

Abuse of power?

Let me inform you of something.

* I own and provide the machines these lists and web pages run on.
* I installed and maintain them, and upgrade them on a regular basis.
* I pay for the bandwidth they use.

--- I can do whatever the hell I please with them. ---

I'm *not* a common carrier, this is *not* a "community access"
system.  I just *choose* to not be a tyrranical asshole and run
things like a dictatorship. 8-)

> The advantage of mailing lists is that people can actually skip over if
> someone drools hours long. You don't have to take it personal. You also
> don't have to be jealous of other people's spare time :-)

Yes, but as the owner of these machines and the creator/admin/maintainer of
the mailing lists they provide, I have a say in how they are run and what
passes through them.

I try to keep a "hands-off" approach to things, but sometimes that doesent
work, and I start getting complaints from other list members.

Bill

--
bill bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net