[geeks] Daily Dose of Unix

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Fri Jan 31 07:50:50 CST 2003

Okay, you've definitely got a point.

I wasn't thinking of mainframes because they usually play in a different
market.

Im related to one of the best DBA's in the country. Her choice is also
z/0S with DB2. I've never seen a system that can pump through as many
simultaneous transactions, nor handle as many interactive sessions.

I still think that AIX+DB2 is the best Unix platform for large
databases, though as was pointed out Origin systems and high end Alpha
boxes are both very much in the running there, if not superior in some
ways.

Chris Byrne