[geeks] Diet Pepsi

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Thu Jan 30 17:56:00 CST 2003

Ok, so as you all know I'm staying with my mom for a while.

Well her husband recently lost 90 lbs through extreme diet and exercise.
Part of that was to switch everything in the house to the healthy,
meatless, sugarless, fatless, and usually tasteless variety.

But here's the question. When did Diet Pepsi stop being nasty?

Diet pepsi used to be horrible disgusting nasty stuff. It had that
standard aspartame flavor which to me seems like a combination of icing
sugar and sucking on a penny.

But for the past few weeks I've been drinking a lot of diet pepsi, and
diet mountain dew as well, and they're both pretty good. I mean they
arent as good as the real thing, but they don't actually taste digusting
anymore, in fact they're not at all bad. And this is coming from someone
who will often drink 2-4 liters of Pepsi a day (yes I know it's horible
for me). That's the potential for removing 2000 calories a day from my
diet without altering my lifestyle.

So when did pepsico reformulate it's diet drinks? I know it's not just
me because Ive asked a couple of other people and they've noticed the
same thing. I tried a diet coke the other day and it still tastes the
same... Absolutely awful. Are there any other diet drinks that have
changed like this?

Oh and I've also discovered that fat free sugarless fudgesicles can
actually be pretty damned good, and that the sugar free version of
popsicle brand popsicles are actually better than the sugared kind cuz
they include more of the fruity flavoring (which is kinda sour, which I
like) and less sweetner.

Chris Byrne