[geeks] Daily Dose of Unix

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Thu Jan 30 16:57:23 CST 2003

Yeah, but it's a cool BLUE toaster. Can't beat that with a stick!

> > > Do you really use all that 3D power?
> > Nope, not a chance in hell. But then again I don't really "need" an
> > Octane either. I could do everything I want with a PC running Linux,
> As well with a SPARC, HP9k, ...

Of course. Though honestly with the little 3d work I DO preform, the
Linux box is prolly my best bet price/performance wise.

> > But it wouldn't be an Octane, it'd be a PC running Linux, and wheres
> > the fun in that ;-)
> Nowhere. PeeCees are no fun, never. They are a unstopable source of
> frustration and anger.
> --

Well I regularly refer to mine as "bitch" or "whore", and have been
known to use automatic weapons and even explosives on them. Though
actually that was fun so I guess there are SOME good things about them.

Honestly the only two reasons to own them is cuz theres lots of good
games, and they're cheap, especially if you need a laptop. Jeeez those
tadpoles are expensive.

On that subject a friend of mine recently acquired an IBM ThinkPad 860
in PERFECT condition. That lucky bastard

Chris Byrne