[geeks] OT Rant: A wish for GUI Telnet

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Jan 30 14:12:37 CST 2003

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003, Brian Dunbar wrote:

> That's what they asked for.  GUI telnet.

Give him PuTTY.  It does telnet, and it has a GUI.

> "You'd better give me a graphical means of navigating and editing, and it
> can't be that Unix crap, I don't understand that stuff".

Ah, a "duhveloper".

> So, I'm thinking with part of my mind about stuff like ... a GUI CSV, or
> cygwin for X but mostly what I'd like to do is metaphorically sling his
> GUI-self out the window.

Give him a web-clicky tool that looks like it's getting work done, but
actually sends off-color electronic mail messages to HR.  Problem solved.

--
Jonathan Patschke  *)  "everything i know about animals i learned from
Thorndale, TX      (*   ORA books."                  --alex j avriette