[geeks] Quicktime on Irix

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Wed Jan 29 14:52:51 CST 2003

I think it was this list on which I was lamenting not being able to view the
Matrix trailer/teaser on my Octane.  I found out this morning that it uses
the Sorensen 3 codec or something, and mplayer supports that codec.  I also
found, this morning, that mplayer 0.90rc3 compiles cleanly on Irix.  This is
the announcement I found - there's also a tardist there if you don't feel
like compiling yourself.

http://www.nekochan.net/weblog/archives/000059.html

I also found this:

http://sunsite.bilkent.edu.tr/pub/netscape/navigator/plugins/mplayer/1.1/current/unix/irix/

Which is apparently a netscape plugin for mplayer, for Irix.

WARNING:  I am *not* in front of my Octane now, and have no idea if these
actually work.  However I wanted to pass along the good news before I
forgot.

If anyone has a chance to test these before I get home to my system, please
do so.
--
Kurt                   "My ego KNOWS NO LIMITS!  BOW before my penis!
kurt at k-huhn.com         FEAR the penis!  SUCKETH upon its largeness!"