[geeks] My new laptop came with spyware

Kevin kevin at mpcf.com
Tue Jan 28 22:22:32 CST 2003

That's definitely the first step i take when a new Win32
system comes in.  Not only do you have the occasional oddity
like your tgcmd.exe app, but usually there is so much crap
installed and running that it makes the machine about as
responsive as a 386 with Win95.  Another irritation added to
that is that half of this crap, that is always billed as
feature or a good thing, is in reality just "advertisement
demos" for various ISPs or A/V software.

Garbage.

/KRM