[geeks] Sendmail question

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Jan 28 13:53:40 CST 2003

On 2003.01.28 18:41 Dave McGuire wrote:

>    I had a conversation with someone recently who thought I was
> completely full of shit when I described two computers talking to
> *each
> other* via modems.  He thought modems were things that you use to
> "dial into the internet".
Holy Daemon, your mercy may be with us.
He. At a big "hackermeeting" we where amused when a two friends
transfered data from a VAX to an other via DECnet. They even exchanged
unencrypted passwords. But they where sure that nobody was able to snif
them. ;-)

> These idiots shouldn't be allowed to use computers.  There should be
> some sort of minimal competency test...sorta like a driving test
> maybe...before you're allowed to use a computer.
My words, my words...

BTW: The SGI stuff I got for free was a Indigo2, R10k, 195 MHz, 384 MB
RAM, Extreme GFX, FDDI / CDDI UTP SAS GIO64 card (sh... no copper ports
on the concentrator), some 4 GB drives, broken 20" monitor. Already
organized a Solid Impact from a friend... I am in good mood today. :-)
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen