[geeks] Any ole Sparc

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at yahoo.com
Wed Jan 29 00:37:09 CST 2003

--- Shawn Wallbridge <swallbridge at franticfilms.com> wrote:

> I won a U1-140 on eBay that I don't think I really need. I think it
> was $20-25 plus shipping.

My recent eBay win:

U1-170E listed as having "no CPU" for $25, w/$26 S/H - it had 2x 32 Meg
DIMMs, and a Creator3D card.

It is running fine. I had absolutely no use for it, other than to put
my spare U1-140 MB into use. Now I can't even do that, since the damn
thing is working fine! (I had a flakey U1, but I thought it was a bad
MB, so I got a spare - turns out the PS was bad, now I have an extra MB
- anyone want the U1-140 MB? (Please contact me off-list if interested)

Anyway, I stuffed it w/32 Meg DIMMs, a couple 2 Gig HDs (handy), and
shoved an old SCSI CD-ROM drive in the case (pulled from a dumpster
dive PC a year ago), and a few hours later, Solaris 9 was running!

U1s are low-cost, absolutely - but still lots of fun!

=====
Lionel

http://mailplus.yahoo.com