[geeks] Sendmail question

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Tue Jan 28 11:41:58 CST 2003

On Tuesday, January 28, 2003, at 04:22 AM, Jochen Kunz wrote:
>>    Well yeah, no shit, but have you ever seen a sendmail.cf file that
>> didn't have those rewrites included as "standard equipment"?
> Yes. The one on my Tru64 machine. Even the M4 macros had no proper
> masquerading options so I transplanted the correspondig rules from a
> Linux .cf.

   Fear.

>> That's almost like saying "well yes that'll work but only if you have
>> TCP/IP running!"
> Is there an other network protocol besides TCP/IP?
> Arn't all computers on the world connected to the Internet permanently?

   I had a conversation with someone recently who thought I was
completely full of shit when I described two computers talking to *each
other* via modems.  He thought modems were things that you use to "dial
into the internet".

   These idiots shouldn't be allowed to use computers.  There should be
some sort of minimal competency test...sorta like a driving test
maybe...before you're allowed to use a computer.

          -Dave

--
Dave McGuire           "Wear whatever you want...Just don't be surprised
St. Petersburg, FL        if you wind up with a blow-gun dart in your