[geeks] State Contracts

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Tue Jan 28 10:58:44 CST 2003

"Chris Byrne" <chris at chrisbyrne.com> wrote:

> On a related note, anyone tell me what life is like in Columbus,OH or
> Atlanta? I don't care for Atlanta as a city, but I haven't lived
> there. Is it any better than visiting?

Columbus is comfortable.  I don't live there, but I don't object when I
have to run into the city to hit Sam's Club, or to the Dodge dealer for
scheduled maintenance.  I live about 40 miles East of Columbus, in
Granville.  If you do take a contract in Columbus, you can find all
sorts of excellent housing in and around the city - New Albany has some
seriously nice condos that don't cost $bignum, right on Rt161 that goes
directly into Worthington Center and from there you can get to OSU
*very* easily.

If you do decide to move up this way, and are looking to rent, I suggest
going outside the city as rent drops off considerably for very nice
places.  Pataskala, Reynoldsburg, Pickerington, Powell (where my
shooting range is) are all nice places.  However, rent inside the city
can also be fairly low if you look around a little.

--
Kurt                "I remember that I've got a solid base of worms and
kurt at k-huhn.com      ant eggs.  I puke like a hero all night long."