[geeks] EL wire lighting question...

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Fri Jan 24 00:35:25 CST 2003

Has anybody actually used the El wire in anything?  I'm curious to know
how well it worked for you and what kind of extra circuitry was involved
beyond the wire itself.  (I was just using my iBook last night and
wondered if it would be possible to do something like this:

http://www.pimprig.com/modules.php?s=c5ca3437e96fa430cb87d39ddf6c6bd7&name=Sections&sop=viewarticle&artid=44

(Microsoft Natural Keyboarf lighting for those that get a mangled link.)

I think it would be cool but probably lose me a lot of battery time
overall.  I'm kinda attached to my four hours of battery life. ;-)

Mike Hebel