[geeks] Its a sad sad world

Michael A. Turner mturner at whro.org
Thu Jan 23 14:15:06 CST 2003

	I just found the below in the 1040EZ instruction booklet for
American taxes. I don't know what is more sick, the fact that the IRS
addresses this like that is their main concern or the fact I am sure someone
sued to make this happen and now they are mentioning it. Ug. This distrubs
me for some reason.

Page 10 top right column of downloadable PDF

"Other Information
Parent of a Kidnapped Child. The parent of a child who is
presumed by law enforcement authorities to have been kidnapped
by someone who is not a family member may be able to take the
child into account in determining his or her eligibility for the head
of household or qualifying widow(er) filing status, deduction for
dependents, child tax credit, and the earned income credit (EIC).
For details, use TeleTax topic 357 (see page 8) or see Pub. 501
(Pub. 596 for the EIC)."

Michael A. Turner
Systems Engineer WHRO
michael.turner at whro.org