[geeks] basic IRIX network questions

Caleb Shay caleb at webninja.com
Wed Jan 22 22:34:21 CST 2003

It's there.  Just be careful.  Some kernels will panic if you try to
mount an EFS CD.  I believe this is fixed in more recent kernels.  The
simple workaround if you HAVE to read the CD from a Linux box is to dump
the CD to a file and then mount it as loopback, ie:

dd if=/dev/cdrom of=myefscd
mount -t efs -o loop,ro myefsd /mnt/cdrom

Caleb